31 October 2016

An Ewok Hallow's Eve

Jay and I knew from the moment we watched Star Wars together as married couple that our first child needed to be an ewok for Halloween. That's not a joke. We've been patiently biding our time until Rory was old enough to toddle around, because that really makes it. And this was our year!

My sweet Jay humored me, and I went to work sewing my little heart out to make it a family affair. I really didn't want to have to buy anything new this year, so everything we're wearing is either pre-owned, thrifted, or made from thrifted materials! 

So Jay's vest is a $3 fuzzy vest that I cut down to size, cut the zipper off,  and sewed over the logo.
My dress was an XXL, which I cut down, sewed, and made a choker out of the spare material. 
And Rory's suit I found at DI for $4, cut it down to her size, and made a hat with ears out of the extras! (if you could see under the sheet, it's a little small because I ran out of scraps!)
So in all it probably took less than $20 and a few hours of sewing.
And kudos to Jay who made his own Hans Solo leg wrap/gun holster out of a black tie down strap!

Also our sweet Ewok won't stay still for a picture to save her life these days, and some of these are a little blurry because well... #life We hope your Halloween was as fun as ours! We went to a party Thursday, a restaurant grand opening and the rec center Saturday, and trick-or-treating on Halloween night! Rory loved it all, aside from our rather tall neighbor Paul who wore a scary mask, and the house next to his who had a witches hand in the candy bowl. I've never seen the poor dear so scared. So many tears. But also so much candy. So I think it was a win overall in everybody's book. 







2 comments:

  1. Rory is an amazing Ewok. I'm also impressed how inexpensively you were able to do your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!
    hotel frankfurt-oder

    ReplyDelete

comments are my love language.