31 October 2016

An Ewok Hallow's Eve

Jay and I knew from the moment we watched Star Wars together as married couple that our first child needed to be an ewok for Halloween. That's not a joke. We've been patiently biding our time until Rory was old enough to toddle around, because that really makes it. And this was our year!

My sweet Jay humored me, and I went to work sewing my little heart out to make it a family affair. I really didn't want to have to buy anything new this year, so everything we're wearing is either pre-owned, thrifted, or made from thrifted materials! 

So Jay's vest is a $3 fuzzy vest that I cut down to size, cut the zipper off,  and sewed over the logo.
My dress was an XXL, which I cut down, sewed, and made a choker out of the spare material. 
And Rory's suit I found at DI for $4, cut it down to her size, and made a hat with ears out of the extras! (if you could see under the sheet, it's a little small because I ran out of scraps!)
So in all it probably took less than $20 and a few hours of sewing.
And kudos to Jay who made his own Hans Solo leg wrap/gun holster out of a black tie down strap!

Also our sweet Ewok won't stay still for a picture to save her life these days, and some of these are a little blurry because well... #life We hope your Halloween was as fun as ours! We went to a party Thursday, a restaurant grand opening and the rec center Saturday, and trick-or-treating on Halloween night! Rory loved it all, aside from our rather tall neighbor Paul who wore a scary mask, and the house next to his who had a witches hand in the candy bowl. I've never seen the poor dear so scared. So many tears. But also so much candy. So I think it was a win overall in everybody's book. 







1 comment:

  1. Rory is an amazing Ewok. I'm also impressed how inexpensively you were able to do your costumes.

    ReplyDelete

comments are my love language.