01 September 2017

What do Mormons believe?

You probably know a Mormon. At minimum, if you're reading this you at least know of one.
But do you know what Mormons believe?
If you know them, you may know how A little of how they live, but  that doesn't always correlate with what we believe.
Unfortunately (and fortunately) we aren't perfect. Nobody is, but a lot of us are striving.

I'm a Mormon and this is what I believe.
First and foremost, I believe in a God who loves us and cares for us and knows us intimately. I believe he knew just how imperfect and flawed we would be here on earth so he sent us His son, Jesus Christ. He died for us and experienced pain and sorrow and suffering so that he could understand us perfectly that we need never be (or feel) alone. I believe God expects us to try to be like Him and return to live with him, and that our salvation is a personal and individual path as unique and intricate as a snowflake or a fingerprint.

I believe that there is a lifetime of spiritual knowledge in front of me, but that just like some things in our world here, I will likely never know or understand everything. I'm okay to not be all knowing,, though I will try to come as close as I can and someday meet him face to face.. Until then, I walk by faith. I believe it is by design that faith is crucial to our varying faiths here on earth. It seems simple to put it that way, but it's altogether too easy to forget that in an age of readily available information bombarding us on all sides.

When I say my church is the one true church (or if you've ever heard anyone say that) it's because I believe, like a puzzle, my church provides a complete picture with all the pieces. I believe all churches (and all people for that matter) hold pieces and bits- sometimes really large bits- of the truth and I appreciate  that truth and think that if they are listening to and in touch with their God they are going to be okay and when they meet Him he will know their heart. I believe people can make it to the highest degree of joy and glory in heaven if they aren't a member of my church.

I believe families are eternal units. They have the potential to bring us the most happiness that we can experience in this life, and I wouldn't want Heaven without them. I believe that we can live with our families forever, it just makes sense to my heart. I think most people inherently believe this, but not very many churches preach it.

I believe God knows us by our hearts, and that he knows us one by one. I know Jesus is my personal savior and that he suffered all things so that he can succor me in exactly the way that speaks peace to my soul. And he has, time and time again. I believe that our God is a personal God and gives us personal revelation when we seek guidance in our lives.

I don't represent the entire church, but I represent one testimony. One woman's search for truth through study and prayer and faith. I am one who has found peace through the church of Latter Day saints and the truth and doctrines held there. I have had strong, life changing direction from God and quiet peace to my soul in times of need. I have searched for peace and truth and found it here.

If you ever wondered, this is what I believe. If you've ever had a question, consider me a resource no matter how insignificant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are my love language.