17 October 2013

the grand tour, sort of.


We've been in our new apartment now for a few months, but haven't posted any pictures.....
Guys, my apartment is ugly.
Ok, in order for me to not be a diva right now I'll say it needs some work.
First problem- nothing can hang on the walls. Can you say downer? There's no life on the walls!
But I'll post what I wrote when we first moved in, along with a picture of the kitchen.
Naturally, regardless of the washer and dryer, it's my favorite space in the house.

If I could use one word to describe the feeling of this apartment, it would be charming.

We are in a quiet neighborhood surrounded by charming, tiny, old Provo homes.  The house next door is brick with white pillars and shutters, and a walkway covered in flowers.  Though an apartment complex can only be so charming, ours is simple red brick with two enormous trees out front that grow into each other and provide a kind of arch in the middle. Our apartment is old, but well kept with darling wood detail in the kitchen. I think the kitchen is my favorite room in the whole house so far, despite the washer and the dryer keeping me company while I cook [what?!]. Yeah, it’s a thing I guess.

Our old apartment had exactly two windows, which were kept closed because anyone could see straight into either our living room or bedroom at all times. Aka having 5 windows and a perfect location for natural light on the second floor where nobody can see right in is a total breath of fresh air, literally.

The kitchen really is my favorite. I have less counter space than I would prefer, but I just love the feel of it. The room is open, with a window over the sink. I often do dishes and look out the window as the kids next door play in the yard, and other times I just think. Sometimes thinking needs a good backdrop, you know?

The second room has potential to be a close second to the kitchen. There are two windows with the most wonderful light, but it just hasn't come together quite yet. Until then, I will spend all of my free time in the kitchen. Truly.




1 comment:

  1. I love the detail of wood over the kitchen window. I love knowing that you love to cook there in your favorite space. I love that you can see kids play out the window. I love the space we call home and all the love that warms that space. May anywhere you land be warmed by your love and called home.

    ReplyDelete

comments are my love language.