15 July 2013

on crab wars.

No excuses.
I should have started writing a long time ago.

It should have started with marriage,
wait... probably engagement.

But here we are.
And I have a million little lessons and stories and things I've learned,
but really I would rather just talk about last weekend.
Those things will just have to wait for another day.

So we tripped on up to Washington for the 4th of July to spend a little time with my Brother in law and his darling wife. Jay grew up there, and hasn't been back since his family moved to Texas ten years ago, so it was fun to see him back on his home turf reliving the childhood memories that had long since been forgotten. I started with these pictures because I feel like they give a good overall indicator to the feeling of the trip. 

While exploring, we found a beach. The boys turned over every rock looking for crabs, the wives watched them play and giggled at how giddy they get when they're together- and loved them a bit  more with each ensuing crab war.










Just a moment of my newlywed life to share until next time.
Preferably for all parties involved [sorry, family] next time will be soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to stalk your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've been waiting for this my whole life ;-) so glad you hopped on the bandwagon! And I love the blog name!

    ReplyDelete

comments are my love language.